Tournaments Hosted by Summit

UPDATED: March 14

As everyone is now aware USA Volleyball has cancelled all sanctioned activities until April 1.

The TexasStar tournament will be rescheduled for May. We will be coordinating with the region and other events in which weekend we will be hosting.

Thanks again for your patience

UPDATED: March 13* @ 5:15p
Red River Classic Week 1 & 2
We have finally been able to gather information from the State of Louisiana and the convention center regarding the situation regarding the Covid 19 virus.  Thank you for your patience.  I know this is a very stressful time for everyone.

We are in the process of securing space to move the event to either May 16/17 and/or May 23/24.

The housing bureau will be in touch with the hotels to cancel the hotel reservations, you will not need to take any action.

We understand that your season may be over, but we encourage you to extend a few weeks so that your kids can experience this event.  Traditionally a lot of teams are done by then; however, these are not traditional times.

Our survey this morning was very mixed, we have some people very passionate that think we need to cancel and on the other side saying we should not panic.  I feel it would be very hypocritical of me as the Commissioner of the North Texas Region to recommend that events be postponed and not follow that direction.  Please understand I am not trying to disappoint anyone.

We will work hard to make this the best Red River yet, we will also open up registration if you know of teams that would want to participate.  Please email me by Wednesday night and let me know if you are able to attend or not.  We will base the dates and divisions on the feedback to best accommodate as many as possible.

Again, thanks for your patience and understanding.  Please get this info to your parents asap, I know there is some real anxiety.



First of all, I want to thank everyone for their patience. We are in constant contact with the Shreveport Convention Center and with the Sports Commission who are monitoring the situation with the COVID-19 Virus. At this point, we do not have a final answer for the event but know that there are hotel deadlines that need to be met tomorrow.  We will do our best to have an answer by tomorrow so that teams/parents can make plans.

These are very difficult uncharted waters and we want to do what is best for everyone involved.
Please share this information with your parent asap, I am not able to keep up with the volume of emails at this point and could certainly use your help.


After consulting with our tournament partners, facility officials, and medical experts including the Vanderbilt University Medical Center w/ Pediatric Infectious Disease, we are saddened to have to let you know that it has been determined that we will have to postpone the East Texas Series #3 scheduled for March 14-15th, 2020.UT-Tyler, Tyler Junior College, the University of Arkansas and many other institutions are making difficult decisions regarding education and sporting events.  While we know this is disappointing for everyone involved it was evident that this is the necessary decision. In addition, USAV has begun canceling qualifiers in areas with confirmed COVID-19 cases and suggesting postponing events until March 22nd, 2020.

We will be working diligently with our partners and facilities to find other possible dates and we hope to have a new date by early next week.  We want to make sure USAV doesn’t extend the recommendation for cancelation.

Once that date is decided we will inform all parties. If teams are unable to make that rescheduled date, which we know may be difficult given the short notice, then teams will be able to register for any of our tournaments for the next 14 months at no additional cost.  If you can not attend that date, we will be able to offer 1/2 refund on your entry fees.  The NTR has a bad weather policy that should cover this, but it is far less liberal for the refund.

Again, we understand that this is a disappointing and difficult revelation, but it is important that the health of our athletes and their families be at the forefront of all decisions.

Summit is actively monitoring the current situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). Our priority is the health and safety of our attendees and athletes. The CDC continues to emphasize that the risk to the American Public remains low, and states that Americans should “go about and live their normal lives.”  However, the CDC highly recommends the following actions be taken to prevent the spread of the virus:

  1. Avoid getting close to anyone coughing or sneezing.
  2. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
  3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
  4. Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away, and then wash your hands.
  5. Stay home if you are sick.
  6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
  7. Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories.
  8. Reducing the Risk PrintoutAt the present time, we intend to proceed with tournament events. We encourage those who are in a high-risk category and/or feel it is in their best interest to stay home, to do so. If we change our plans for any event, we will announce it via our website home page.

For all Summit Tournament Schedules and Results please visit:

For tournament information and to register, please use the links below.

Summit/VIP facility – gate fees: $15 for a weekend pass, or $8 per day – cash/check only
No outside chairs or outside food.

Takeoff Classic

Dates: November 30 – December 1, 2019

Tour of Texas Qualifier *Register on AES

Dates: January 18-19, 2020

Winter Classic

Dates: February 15-16,2020

AVC Dallas 18’s National Qualifier


Register on AES

Dates: February 21-23, 2020


AVC Tournament


Dates: February 22-23, 2020

Presented by:

MLK Bid Event

Dates: January 11-12, 2020

Texas Fest *Register on AES

Dates: February 8-9, 2020

Presented by:

Red River Classic

Mar 21/22, 2020 (11-15 Club)

March 28-29,2020 (15 Open-18)

Texas Star

Dates: March 21-22, 2020

East Texas Series

Dates: Jan 4/5 | Feb 15/16 | Mar 14/15, 2020

Do not have to play in all events

Wichita Falls – Falls City Festival

Dates: Feb 29-Mar 1, 2020

Spring Classic

Dates: April 4-5, 2020